COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Our summer 2021 protocols and procedures are based on the current guidelines from the CT Department of Early Childhood and the CT Department of Health as well as the established best practices by the American Camping Association, developed with Camps around the country to ensure a safe camp environment for our campers and staff this summer.
Communication with parents is essential to achieving our mission with every child.
Our Division Heads and Directors are always available to speak with you about any questions or concerns you may have.
Maryashie Deren, Camp Director
Maruja Ivri, Camp Administrator
Chani Feldman, Mini-Gan Director
What to Bring to Camp
- Label all clothing with the camper’s first and last names.
- Camp T-shirts must be worn daily.
- Each camper receives his own Camp Gan Israel bottle and holder at T-shirt pick-up days.
- Children 4+ must bring a full water bottle and holder to camp daily.
- Children must wear sneakers to camp.
- 1 bathing suit (even on “iffy” days)
- 1 towel
- Pool cover-up, robe or extra t-shirt.
- Pool shoes
- Children must wear pool shoes AND a pool cover-up when walking to the swimming pool and water slides.
- Sunscreen – Please apply sunscreen on your child each morning. If you would like staff to reapply lotion during the day, please send your child with sunscreen labeled with their name. Spray-on sunscreen is highly recommended. The sunscreen is stored at camp.
- Goggles (if desired)
- Hat (recommended)
- Sweatshirt (on “chilly” days)
Please respect our mandatory bus ridership for campers over 4 years old. Due to traffic on Lake Avenue, the town has requested for us to have the majority of campers arrive by bus. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter so that we can continue to use the Carmel Academy campus each summer. Thank you, camp families!
- Buses arrive at camp between 8:50 AM and 9:00 AM.
- Mini Gan campers: Please arrive between 9:00 AM and 9:15 AM ONLY at the Lake Avenue entrance.
- Juniors under age 4: Please arrive between 8:45 AM and 9:00 AM ONLY at the Lake Avenue entrance.
- If your child misses the bus or is late for any reason, please arrive AFTER 9:30 AM