Camp Gan Israel offers campers a wide range of activities.
In addition to the main bunk activities, campers entering 1st grade
and up select their morning Specialty Camp (Sports Camp or Weekly Specialty Camp plus Intensive Theater Week or Circus Week) as well as enhanced afternoon electives. All activities are led by professional coaches or teachers who believe in our mission.
Each member of our highly trained sports staff loves to play and teach.
All campers receive sports instruction with their bunks at least once a day. Campers entering 1st grade and up have the option to select our morning specialized Sports Camp for additional sports clinics.
Baseball – Softball
Capture The Flag
Special Sports Events
Camp Gan’s Creative Arts and Nature program allows campers to explore the world around them and to express their creativity in different art forms whether it be painting, dancing or arts and crafts. All activities are taught by specialists in their fields who have experience working with children. Our staff members inspire, guide and encourage campers to recognize and develop their creative potential. Many projects are based on the camps weekly themes.
Our staff members inspire, guide and encourage campers to recognize and develop their creative potential. Many projects are based on the camps weekly themes.
Arts & Crafts
One activity a day is devoted to Jewish Values such as friendship, respect, taking responsibility, being grateful, Tzedaka, caring for the environment and each other, caring for the elderly and many more.
Hebrew Songs and Story Telling
Jewish Mock Wedding
Treasure Hunts and Auctions
Camp Gan Israel of Greenwich successfully teaches GOOD VALUES to our children, by providing them with (1) a VALUES-based activity curriculum and (2) the high standard of “teaching by example” that you’ve come to expect from our exceptional staff. The depth of this experience is matched by the breadth of opportunities available to all our campers in the wide range of sports and activities, led by professional instructors of the highest caliber.
Camp Gan Israel’s traditions mean a great deal to all of us. They provide a way for everyone in our community to feel they are a part of Camp Gan Israel. We have found that our traditions become meaningful memories. Wet ‘n Wild Day, Maccabiah Day, CGI Carnival, Israeli Fair, Community BBQ, CGI Theater and Art Show, Friday Shabbat Party and Camp Shows are traditions that campers look forward to year after year.
Campers can’t wait to see our summer schedule with our weekly themes and matching special events and shows such as:
Dress up days
Kibbutz Animal Farm
Kite Flying and Making
Paint your Counselor
The Amazing Race
Top Chef Competition
Topsy Turvy Day
Wacky Relay Races
Basketball Hoop Wizard
Bubble Trouble Show
Simon Sez Show
Camp Gan’s developmental swim program follows the American Red Cross “Learn to Swim” instructional program.
- Campers ages 4+ receive swim instruction from beginner to Level 4, at least 4 times a week followed by free swim. Fridays campers enjoy extended free swim.
- 3 year old campers receive swim instruction twice a week.
- Campers are placed in small groups based on comfort and ability levels. Instruction is customized for each child by a swim supervisor.
- Upon completion of a new skill level, campers receive certificates recognizing their achievement.
- Our aquatics directors and pool staff are certified American Red Cross lifeguards and Water safety instructors. Division heads and counselors closely monitor the swim progress of each camper in their care.
- Camp Gan Israel has uncompromising Safety Standards.
Eight Day Trips and Two Overnights ~ For Seniors
Three Day Trips ~ For SECOND and THIRD Graders and Two Overnights for THIRD Graders
- Adventures in New York City
- Amusement Parks
- Bowling, Go-Karts and Video Arcades
- Kayaking, Rock Climbing, and Fishing
- Met or Yankee Game
- Two Overnights each summer: Club Getaway, Hershey Park, New England or Long Island.
- Water Parks